16 June 2009
The Chongqing landslide – update 16th June
Posted by Dave Petley
The latest update on the Chongqing landslide rescue is provided by Xinhua. Key points:
- Rescue operations continue, with 3,000 people working on site;
- Ten small-scale landslides have occurred at the landslide site since Friday;
- southwest China’s Chongqing Municipality from Friday, and rescuers continued to search for 64 missing for the 10th day on Tuesday.
- The water level in the barrier lake has dropped to 10 m below the top of the temporary embankment;
- The rescuers have not yet found the mine entrance.