Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
Most Popular Posts
- Paper: The Canterbury earthquake sequence and earthquake environmental effects 20 February 2017
- Journey to the Interior 20 February 2017
- Franke, 1928. Die Foraminiferen der Oberen Kreide Nord- und Mitteldeutschlands 19 February 2017
- Science for everyone: my #RallyforScience remarks 19 February 2017
- Ornimegalonyx, The Giant Owl From Hell 18 February 2017