Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Puesto de trabajo de Paleontólogo en el North Dakota Geological Survey 31 July 2014
- Student Scientists Investigate Lake Menomin Algal Blooms 31 July 2014
- Are we due for another Dust Bowl? Part 2 31 July 2014
- Südthüringen – Industrie, Gewerbe & andere Bergbaufolgen 31 July 2014
- GfGD in Tanzania (2) – Monitoring Water Projects 31 July 2014