Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Brian Romans on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Carie-Ann on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Howard on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Callan on Graptolites!
- Abert Dickas on Graptolites!
- Small quake northeast of Kingman 29 August 2014
- How Much Arsenic is Too Little? 29 August 2014
- 100 Great Geosites nomination: Widemouth Bay, North Cornwall 29 August 2014
- Erosion, Then Explosion 29 August 2014
- Meet Chris Fischer from Ocearch today at HMNS! 29 August 2014