Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Jerry Lynd on Clark’s nutcracker on Sulphur Mountain
- Lynn David on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Brian Romans on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Carie-Ann on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Howard on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Mt Polley: The Scope of the Review Panel 3 September 2014
- Leperditia Giant Ostracod Fossil 3 September 2014
- Now hiring! GIS graduate student assistant 3 September 2014
- STEM & GEMS: Chemical Engineer Stevie Showalter Talks Nerdy To Us 3 September 2014
- Here We Go Again: Yellowstone is Going to KILL US ALL! Wait a minute... 2 September 2014