Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Geological specimens - Rocks and Crystals need a good home 1 April 2015
- Seenotkreuzer"Hermann Marwede" gegen Sturm Niklas 1 April 2015
- Resonanzen oder: warum widerstehen manche Gebäude Erdbeben 1 April 2015
- Page Proofs – Too High and Too Steep 1 April 2015
- Research Summary: Alternative Stable States In Large Shallow Lakes 1 April 2015