Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Baja quake in 2010 generated hundreds of landslides 21 December 2014
- One year ago today: crossing the Drake Passage 21 December 2014
- If These Cliffs Could Talk: The Cliffs of the Ah-wah-nee that Never Got Legends 21 December 2014
- AGU Fall Meeting: Day 4 21 December 2014
- Grizzly Peak 20 December 2014