Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Book in Brief: Sex on Earth 17 April 2015
- Communicate Your Science Competition Winner Announced! 17 April 2015
- Lamont-Doherty Strategic Plan 17 April 2015
- Volcanic soundscapes reveal differences in undersea eruptions (+ video) 17 April 2015
- Premiered This Day (1981): Caveman 17 April 2015