Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Inquiring Minds Want to Know: JR Camp Boss, Taylor McKirdy (Q&A) 19 December 2014
- Come research with us! 19 December 2014
- Friday Fold: Mist Mountain Formation in Canmore, Alberta 19 December 2014
- When Astronomy Gets Closer to Home: Why space weather outreach is important and how to give it impact 19 December 2014
- Door 19: Ghosts of the Museum – The Unfortunate Toad 19 December 2014