John A. Freeland, Ph.D., PWS
- Ph.D. (Soil Science) North Dakota State University
- M.S. (Soil Science) University of New Hampshire
- B.S. (Geology) Grand Valley State University
- Associate Degree (General Studies) Washtenaw Community College
- Twenty Years Consulting
- Eight Years Teaching
- Policy and Committee and former President, Michigan Chapter of the Soil & Water Conservation Society
Evans, C.V. and Freeland, J.A. 2000. Wetland Soils of Basins and Depressions of Glacial Terrains. In: J.L. Richardson and M.J. Vepraskas (eds.) Wetland Soils: Their Genesis, Hydrology, and Separation into Hydric and Nonhydric Soils. Lewis Publishers/CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.
Freeland, J.A., and Evans, C.V. 1993. Genesis and Profile Development of Success Soils, Northern New Hampshire. Soil Science Society of America Journal 57:183-191.
Freeland, J.A. and Richardson, J.L. 1997. Section 7.0 Soils and Sediments as Indicators of Agricultural Impacts on Northern Prairie Wetlands. pp 119-144. In: S.A. Peterson, L. Carpenter, G. Guntenspergen and L.M. Cowardin (eds.) Pilot test of wetland condition indicators in the prairie pothole region of the United States. EPA/620/R-97/002. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Western Ecology Division, Corvallis, Oregon.
Freeland, J.A., Richardson, J.L. and Foss, L.A. 1999. Soil Indicators of Agricultural Impacts on Northern Prairie Wetlands: Cottonwood Lake Research Area, North Dakota, USA. Wetlands 19(1):56-64.
Richardson J.L., Arndt, J.L. and Freeland. J. 1994. Wetland Soils of the Prairie Potholes. p. 121-171. In: D.L. Sparks (ed.) Advances in Agronomy. Vol. 52. Academic Press, San Diego, California.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour
- Professional Wetland Scientist #1264
- Qualified Data Collector (QDC) Level 2 Stream Habitat Assessment – QHEI; Ohio EPA Surface Water Credible Data Program License Number 00917
- PEC SafeLand / Safe Gulf
- First Aid CPR/AED