24 February 2010
Dave Petley is the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom. His blog provides a commentary on landslide events occurring worldwide, including the landslides themselves, latest research, and conferences and meetings.
Subscribe to the Landslide Blog
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
- Detecting landslide precursors from space
- The M=7.3 Halabjah earthquake in Iraq and Iran: potential landslides
- The Mocoa debris flow disaster: satellite imagery reveals the cause
- Corinto in Colombia: first satellite images of the mudflow that has killed 4 and left 18 people missing
- Evidence of catastrophic landsliding from medieval earthquakes in Nepal
- The Mocoa debris flow disaster: satellite imagery reveals the cause on
- The M=7.3 Halabjah earthquake in Iraq and Iran: potential landslides on
- Professor Oldrich Hungr on
- USGS mapping of landslide density for failures triggered by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico on
- The Nuugaatsiaq landslide in Greenland: understanding the failure processes on