The Plainspoken Scientist is the science communication blog of AGU’s Sharing Science program. With this blog, we wish to encourage scientists to reach out to non-scientists and to do so with plainspoken discussion.
Subscribe to the Plainspoken Scientist
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
- #TalkClimateNow: Having Conversations about Climate Change
- Drawn to Geoscience: Bat Poop Is Helping Scientists Study the Past
- Plain language supports science communication
- Tell a science story at Fall Meeting with Story Collider!
- Geoscientist and singer-songwriter shares her creative side at AGU’s Open Mic Night – and you can, too!
- Public outreach: Be mindful, not fearful on
- Do you wanna write a blog post?! on
- PhD students should have science-communication committee members on
- Doodling in Science Class: Using Stick Figure Animations to Explain Complex Science at Stanford University (Videos) on
- How stories captivate an audience on