The Plainspoken Scientist is the science communication blog of AGU’s Sharing Science program. With this blog, we wish to encourage scientists to reach out to non-scientists and to do so with plainspoken discussion.
Subscribe to the Plainspoken Scientist
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
- Drawn to Geoscience: Tornadoes form from…wait, the ground up?! Seriously?
- Tell a story, sing a song, & learn some stuff at AGU18!
- Having “The [Climate Change] Talk” with your family
- Register for scicomm workshops, Open Mic Night, & more at AGU18
- A Sense of Place: Recruiting Interest in Science and Discovery Through Storytelling and Outreach
- Dan's Wild Wild Science Journal >>
- Editors' Vox >>
- From The Prow >>
- From a Glacier's Perspective >>
- GeoEd Trek >>
- GeoSpace >>
- Georneys >>
- Magma Cum Laude >>
- Martian Chronicles >>
- Mountain Beltway >>
- On the Job >>
- Terra Central >>
- The Bridge: Connecting Science and Policy >>
- The Field >>
- The Landslide Blog >>
- The Plainspoken Scientist >>
- The Trembling Earth >>
- Third Pod from the Sun>>
- Water Underground >>