19 January 2013
Dan Satterfield has worked as an on air meteorologist for 32 years in Oklahoma, Florida and Alabama. Forecasting weather is Dan's job, but all of Earth Science is his passion. This journal is where Dan writes about things he has too little time for on air. Dan blogs about peer-reviewed Earth science for Junior High level audiences and up.
MORE ABOUT DAN >>
Other AGU Blogs
- Record Warm September Increases Odds that 2014 Will be Hottest on Record
- New Brian Cox Series Human Universe on BBC Two is Excellent. Will it air in America?
- Another Well Written Defense of Science
- The Winter Forecast Is Out, and It’s Probably Wrong!
- Well Worth a Read: How Did We Become a Society Suspicious of Science?
Most Popular Posts
- Fantastic Condo Wave Clouds
- Climate Expert Dr. Michael Mann Plans Libel Suit Against The National Review
- Defunding of NOAA Weather Satellites Means Goodbye To the 7-Day Forecast.
- How not to prove you're not wearing a tin foil hat.
- No, Just Because It's Really Cold In The Eastern U.S., All That Science Is Not Wrong
- Dan Satterfield on The Ebola Outbreak Is Proof That We Humans Are Terrible at Evaluating Risk
- lsmsrbls on The Ebola Outbreak Is Proof That We Humans Are Terrible at Evaluating Risk
- CJ on How Much Radiation Does it Take to Kill You?
- Herb Curl on The Ebola Outbreak Is Proof That We Humans Are Terrible at Evaluating Risk
- John Dague on Which Will Reduce Your Carbon Footprint More: Giving up Beef or Your Car?