Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- josé silva on Friday fold: Quartz vein in Catoctin Formation, Point of Rocks, Maryland
- Astrid Arts on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Joan M. Nichols on Monday macrobug: Saddleback caterpillars
- Joshua Villalobos on Rugose corals in the Clearville member of the Mahantango Formation
- Callan on Rugose corals in the Clearville member of the Mahantango Formation
- Dinosaur Island (2014) 20 September 2014
- ျမိဳ႕ၾကီးမ်ားႏွင့္ ငလ်င္အႏၱရာယ္- မႏၱေလးႏွင့္ စစ္ကိုင္း 20 September 2014
- Full Professor (W3) for Geodynamics in Tübingen 20 September 2014
- The 'Spinosaurus reboot': sailing in stormy waters 20 September 2014
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 2014 20 September 2014