Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Mining Travel in Peru 1 October 2014
- Geosonnet 12 30 September 2014
- Soils at Imaggeo: fire watch constellation 30 September 2014
- Bárðarbunga volcano daily update 30-September-2014 30 September 2014
- Nothing quite like the feeling of completing your presentation: Day 2 of the International Palaeontological Congress 30 September 2014