Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- The quarry that won’t quit 31 July 2015
- Remembering Bill Dickinson 31 July 2015
- Geology of the National Parks in Pictures - Fossil Butte 30 July 2015
- Stromatolites of the Helena Formation, Grinnell Glacier Cirque, Montana 30 July 2015
- Shootout at the OK Corral 30 July 2015