Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- ava codispodi on A pretty cool rock
- Barbara am Ende on My structural superpower
- Barbara am Ende on Gypsum casts? You be the judge — UPDATE: Syneresis cracks!
- Nazeha kaftan on Friday fold: GSW fall field trip
- Callan on Gypsum casts? You be the judge — UPDATE: Syneresis cracks!
- Funny, Scary, Fascinating, and Geeky. What You Missed in Science This Week. 23 November 2014
- [jules' pics] Travels 22 November 2014
- Dinosaur Tournament Part 3 22 November 2014
- Died This Day: Aleksandr Kovalevsky 22 November 2014
- How did we miss this story about vampires in abandoned mines in Arizona? 22 November 2014