Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Geology and Geomorphology of the San Pedro River, Southeastern Arizona- special report released 2 September 2015
- Mountain lions captured consuming a deer in incredible remote-camera pictures 2 September 2015
- Vegetarian Gourmet– Meatless Makeovers 2 September 2015
- Harald Drewes, former USGS geologist 2 September 2015
- Molybdenum: An Essential Element in America’s Future 2 September 2015