Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Michael Hiteshew on Friday fold: Quartz vein in Catoctin Formation, Point of Rocks, Maryland
- Graham Hill on GoSF8: Fractures
- josé silva on Friday fold: Quartz vein in Catoctin Formation, Point of Rocks, Maryland
- Astrid Arts on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Joan M. Nichols on Monday macrobug: Saddleback caterpillars
- Cyprimeria Pelecypod Fossil 22 September 2014
- A Rather Important Anniversary 21 September 2014
- The perfect machinist's apron. 21 September 2014
- The geological and palaeontological record of the K-Pg boundary in terrestrial facies at the southern Pyrenean: State of the Art. 21 September 2014
- Another Side of Cedar Breaks 21 September 2014