Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Harpes perradiatus Trilobite Fossil 22 December 2014
- Is there soil in Antarctica? 22 December 2014
- Photo needed for my book: Blue Lake, near Washington Pass 22 December 2014
- One year ago today: first icebergs, first Antarctic landing, first penguins! 21 December 2014
- Self destruction of a shale boulder 21 December 2014