Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Jerry Lynd on Clark’s nutcracker on Sulphur Mountain
- Lynn David on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Brian Romans on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Carie-Ann on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Howard on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Dicranurus monstruosus Trilobite Fossil 2 September 2014
- Northern Convergence: Moving Pictures of the Canadian Wilderness, from Whistler to Lillooet 1 September 2014
- Monday Geology Picture: Black Basalt on the Beach, Mauritius 1 September 2014
- Update on Bárðarbunga volcano and eruption at 19:23 UTC 1 September 2014
- Vintage Dinosaur Art: The Doctor Who Dinosaur Book 1 September 2014