26 December 2012
Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Ren Lallatin on Virginia geology on video: The Grenville Orogeny & the rifting of Rodinia
- Fonda White on Pisolites in the Tansil Formation, Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
- Joe Cancellare on A decade of Lola the cat
- irwin singer on Pisolites in the Tansil Formation, Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
- Callan on Guest post: The Belt Supergroup in Glacier National Park
- Asarco to layoff 160 in Arizona due to copper price plunge 1 March 2015
- Die Sonnenfinsternis am 20. März 1 March 2015
- March 5th - Geological Exploration of the Moon 1 March 2015
- Where the River No Longer Runs, Life Persists: Fossil Falls in the Eastern Sierra Nevada 1 March 2015
- Endocostea simpsoni Clam Fossil from Colorado 1 March 2015