Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- El karst: secretos del Pirineo subterráneo 8 October 2015
- Mirage, by Nina Burleigh 8 October 2015
- 48-million-year-old horse-like fetus from Messel, Germany 8 October 2015
- Groundwater Policy: Quis Custodiet Ipos Custodes 8 October 2015
- Tibetan Buddhists use human remains to create ritual artifacts 8 October 2015