Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- A Scary Story for Halloween: Rainfall Totals in My Neck of the Woods 1 November 2014
- Encope micorpora Echinoderm 1 November 2014
- Geological issues in the 2014 election 31 October 2014
- Bárðarbunga volcano update for Friday 31-October-2014 31 October 2014
- being famous 31 October 2014