Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Howard on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Callan on Graptolites!
- Abert Dickas on Graptolites!
- Callan on Stromatolites of the Green River Formation
- Callan on New macro GigaPans of cool rock samples
- El pterosaurio que era... una tortuga 27 August 2014
- Quiet Shifts, Crazy Crossovers… 27 August 2014
- Sweetwater River at the Devil’s Gate 27 August 2014
- IPCC attribution statements redux: A response to Judith Curry 27 August 2014
- Research Summary: Mercury Biomagnification In Three Geothermally-Influenced Lakes Differing In Chemistry And Algal Biomass 27 August 2014