Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Ren Lallatin on Virginia geology on video: The Grenville Orogeny & the rifting of Rodinia
- Fonda White on Pisolites in the Tansil Formation, Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
- Joe Cancellare on A decade of Lola the cat
- irwin singer on Pisolites in the Tansil Formation, Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
- Callan on Guest post: The Belt Supergroup in Glacier National Park
- Arizona Mining Review episode covers Mining Day at the Capitol 5 March 2015
- On the importance of fictional role models 5 March 2015
- #sciart Who loves some cool ammonite art?? 4 March 2015
- Orogenese und Subduktion #Küchengeologie 4 March 2015
- [jules' pics] Cat update 4 March 2015