5 December 2012
Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- The Sykesville Formation, in 6 new GigaPans
- Friday fold: a return to the duplex structure in the Gastropod Limestone
- Stromatolites of the Helena Formation, Grinnell Glacier Cirque, Montana
- Positively-weathering volcanic dike near Granby, Colorado
- Millboro Formation shale in outcrop and in hand sample
- Landslide sessions at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting 4 August 2015
- Il downburst del temporale di Firenze del 1 agosto 4 August 2015
- Vermipora serpuloides coral from the Kalkberg formation of New York 4 August 2015
- August 4, 2015 4 August 2015
- Dinosaurios setenteros de ciencia-ficción 4 August 2015