5 December 2012
Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Ren Lallatin on Virginia geology on video: The Grenville Orogeny & the rifting of Rodinia
- Fonda White on Pisolites in the Tansil Formation, Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
- Joe Cancellare on A decade of Lola the cat
- irwin singer on Pisolites in the Tansil Formation, Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
- Callan on Guest post: The Belt Supergroup in Glacier National Park
- Wooster’s Fossil of the Week: Star-shaped crinoid columnals from the Middle Jurassic of southern Utah 27 February 2015
- Days on the JR 27 February 2015
- Oklahoma Senator Illustrates Dunning-Kruger Effect 27 February 2015
- Our newest little turtle: Jubal 26 February 2015
- The Early Bird Catches the Worm: A Lesson in Submitting Drilling Applications Early to Avoid Expiration of Federal Oil and Gas Leases 26 February 2015