Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Premiered This Day (1956): The Creature Walks Among Us 26 April 2015
- Last Toronto Glacier Fading - Victim of Global Warming 26 April 2015
- Treat yourself (or your teacher) to the science of a mocha mask! 26 April 2015
- Landslides from the Nepal earthquake yesterday 26 April 2015
- Fucino2015 meeting: Twitter roundup 26 April 2015