Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
Most Popular Posts
- Enoploclytia leachi (Mantell, 1822) 22 February 2017
- Stephanoceras humphriesianum Ammonite Fossil 22 February 2017
- Los mundos prehistóricos de Herb Trimpe 21 February 2017
- Mega-landslides as a vehicle for colonisation of distant islands 21 February 2017
- Parkinsonia parkinsoni Ammonite Fossil 21 February 2017