30 November 2012
Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Rich Gaschnig on Friday fold: Isla Escarpada, Chile
- Joe Cancellare on Friday fold: Isla Escarpada, Chile
- Mike Huggins on Martinsburg Formation outcrops in Edinburg Gap
- Callan on Martinsburg Formation outcrops in Edinburg Gap
- Mike Haseler (Scottish Sceptic) on Martinsburg Formation outcrops in Edinburg Gap
- Drunk on Geology - Lithology Beer (Kickstarter Campaign) 28 March 2015
- Deep earthquake activity in Bárðarbunga and Öræfajökull volcano 28 March 2015
- Packing up and ready to go 28 March 2015
- Tartaruga Tropidemys em Portugal e pegadas de dinossauros em Cascais 28 March 2015
- 3rd Annual Arizona Geological Society Doug Shakel Memorial Student Poster Event 28 March 2015