30 November 2012
Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Howard on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Callan on Graptolites!
- Abert Dickas on Graptolites!
- Callan on Stromatolites of the Green River Formation
- Callan on New macro GigaPans of cool rock samples
- Arctic Vortex follows me to Hawaii 27 August 2014
- Bárðarbunga volcano update at 00:31 UTC 27 August 2014
- Seattle 1841 – aka Piner Point 27 August 2014
- All Punches Went Towards Napa 27 August 2014
- Running Out of Ground - Trekking to the Roof of Africa on Mt. Kilimanjaro - Part 5 - Down From the Mountain - Days Eight and Nine 26 August 2014