Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Nova espécie de plesiossauro do Cretácico de Angola 25 January 2015
- East Coast Blizzard Brewing? 25 January 2015
- How does 30,000 feet of drillpipe fit into one ship? 25 January 2015
- The Sierra Beyond Yosemite: Donnell Vista and Sonora Pass 25 January 2015
- Unmasking Everyday Superheroes with HMNS Outreach! 24 January 2015