Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Evelyn Mervine on Sea arch in pyroclastic deposits, Santorini, Greece
- Jim on Sea arch in pyroclastic deposits, Santorini, Greece
- Michael Hiteshew on Friday fold: Quartz vein in Catoctin Formation, Point of Rocks, Maryland
- Graham Hill on GoSF8: Fractures
- josé silva on Friday fold: Quartz vein in Catoctin Formation, Point of Rocks, Maryland
- Dating Houses and Reconstructing Climate 23 September 2014
- PATA Days in Busan have started 23 September 2014
- Crassatella Pelecypod Fossil Evidence of Predation 23 September 2014
- Swedish Tailings Dam Failure 22 September 2014
- volcanoes and space photos 22 September 2014