Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Deep earthquakes in Katla volcano 24 April 2015
- Vancouver M6.1 walks down the track 24 April 2015
- Seattle Streams – Pt. 2 24 April 2015
- What are we going to call PLOS ONE-style peer-review? 24 April 2015
- Friday fold: Bloomsburg Formation at lime kilns on C&O Canal 24 April 2015