Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- josé silva on Friday fold: Quartz vein in Catoctin Formation, Point of Rocks, Maryland
- Astrid Arts on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Joan M. Nichols on Monday macrobug: Saddleback caterpillars
- Joshua Villalobos on Rugose corals in the Clearville member of the Mahantango Formation
- Callan on Rugose corals in the Clearville member of the Mahantango Formation
- Mississippian Age Cornulites Fossil 18 September 2014
- Beauty, the Sublime and Darwin: Exploring the “sheer poetry” of field biology with Dr. Harry Greene 18 September 2014
- Geologic Map of the Haycock Mountain Quadrangle, Garfield County, Utah 17 September 2014
- Parkway Drive Landslide, North Salt Lake 17 September 2014
- Gender balance at SVPCA 17 September 2014