Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- The Sykesville Formation, in 6 new GigaPans
- Friday fold: a return to the duplex structure in the Gastropod Limestone
- Stromatolites of the Helena Formation, Grinnell Glacier Cirque, Montana
- Positively-weathering volcanic dike near Granby, Colorado
- Millboro Formation shale in outcrop and in hand sample
- Chinese Dinosaur Egg Fossils 4 August 2015
- Countdown to coring 4 August 2015
- Exceptional Cambrian Fossils from Utah: A Window Into the Age of Trilobites 3 August 2015
- Kurzes Video der Stirnseite eines pyroklastischen Stromes, Sinabung, Indonesien 3 August 2015
- Research Assistant Openings for Grad Students 3 August 2015