Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Callan on Boudinage in Santorini schist
- Stu Witmer on Boudinage in Santorini schist
- Alf on Friday fold: An odd duck
- Callan on Non-bedding-parallel stylolites in Tonoloway limestones, Corridor H
- Jocelyn McPhie on Non-bedding-parallel stylolites in Tonoloway limestones, Corridor H