Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- The Rockville Rockfall of Dec., 2013, the 5th Annual Bryce Canyon Geology Festival, and the Geology of the Cottonwood Canyon Road 31 July 2014
- Utah Geological Survey Geologist on the news tonight! 31 July 2014
- GeoSight: July 31, 2014 31 July 2014
- Underneath Utah: The Ancient Lake of Cedar Breaks 31 July 2014
- Underneath Utah: Creating the Goblins 31 July 2014