Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Bertha and her problems again. 24 October 2014
- Friday fold: Three more from the Chancellor Slate 24 October 2014
- An Evening with the Writers of the Clean Air Act: Insight into the ‘Golden Age’ of Environmental Law 24 October 2014
- Hurricane Sandy restoration saves shorebirds, ‘living fossils’ they rely on 24 October 2014
- Friday Fact – 24th October 2014 24 October 2014