Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Golden Tickets in the NOAA Photo Library! Rarely seen Pelagic Sea Cucumber! 20 August 2014
- Rhyolite Porphyry from Majuba Hill II 20 August 2014
- wheely tile 20 August 2014
- GeoEd: The Future’s Bright 20 August 2014
- Iceland Earthquake Distribution – 20 August 20 August 2014