Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- ava codispodi on A pretty cool rock
- Barbara am Ende on My structural superpower
- Barbara am Ende on Gypsum casts? You be the judge — UPDATE: Syneresis cracks!
- Nazeha kaftan on Friday fold: GSW fall field trip
- Callan on Gypsum casts? You be the judge — UPDATE: Syneresis cracks!
- Magnetic field of the Earth 24 November 2014
- More Dust Devils 24 November 2014
- Non-bedding-parallel stylolites in Helderberg limestones, Corridor H 24 November 2014
- Published This Day (1859): The Origin of The Species 24 November 2014
- WEGA - new website 24 November 2014