Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Callan on Three ridges and three valleys
- Shelley on Fluvial geomorphology of Mather Gorge
- Callan on Fluvial geomorphology of Mather Gorge
- Mike Bromley on Fluvial geomorphology of Mather Gorge
- Callan on Stylolites in Helderberg crinoidal grainstones, Corridor H
- Three ridges and three valleys 17 December 2014
- Top events of first day #1: Tectonophysics poster session 17 December 2014
- A simple guide to Tropical "cushion stars"! Halityle vs. Culcita spp.!! 17 December 2014
- GeoTalk: Nick Dunstone, an outstanding young scientist 17 December 2014
- jonastone: Erreichbarkeit über die Feiertage 17 December 2014