Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Forensic investigation into a Cretaceous crime scene 1 August 2015
- Die Geologische Eroberung der Alpen: II. - Vom Gamsgebirg zu erforschter Wildnis 1 August 2015
- Mining machinery in action 1 August 2015
- July 2015: Most Viewed News 1 August 2015
- “Casual Collecting” ~ The U.S. Forest Service Hits Amateur Paleontologists with a Dictionary 1 August 2015