Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Jerry Lynd on Clark’s nutcracker on Sulphur Mountain
- Lynn David on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Brian Romans on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Carie-Ann on Friday fold: Pleistocene glacial folding of Cretaceous sedimentary rock?
- Howard on An examination of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in eastern Alberta
- Per-Capita Energy-Related CO2 Emissions by State 1 September 2014
- Field work on the Grinnell Formation at Red Rock Canyon, Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta 1 September 2014
- Sign up for Downtown Seattle Building Stone field trips 1 September 2014
- Cottage Report - Labour 1 September 2014
- Early Morning Smoke 1 September 2014