Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- A Fleeting Spring in Yosemite: When Going Out Was Really Going In 18 April 2015
- Mariano Gago (1948-2015) 18 April 2015
- Died This Day: Erasmus Darwin 18 April 2015
- Died This Day: William Arkell 18 April 2015
- Quirks & Quarks Interview: Live Birth in Mosasaurs 18 April 2015