Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- ava codispodi on A pretty cool rock
- Barbara am Ende on My structural superpower
- Barbara am Ende on Gypsum casts? You be the judge — UPDATE: Syneresis cracks!
- Nazeha kaftan on Friday fold: GSW fall field trip
- Callan on Gypsum casts? You be the judge — UPDATE: Syneresis cracks!
- Leperditia carbonaria Ostracod Fossil 26 November 2014
- the great outoors 26 November 2014
- M3.5 quake near Sedona is felt locally; preceded by foreshocks 26 November 2014
- Book chapter title: Thanks for all your ideas! 26 November 2014
- Fog Returns to the Great Valley! I hate it, but it's a good thing (tentatively) 25 November 2014