Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Subscribe via Email
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- The Sykesville Formation, in 6 new GigaPans
- Friday fold: a return to the duplex structure in the Gastropod Limestone
- Stromatolites of the Helena Formation, Grinnell Glacier Cirque, Montana
- Positively-weathering volcanic dike near Granby, Colorado
- Millboro Formation shale in outcrop and in hand sample
- Cast of Sarcosuchus imperator Fossil 5 August 2015
- Vagabonding on Dangerous Ground: Into the Land of Sand and Exploding Whales 5 August 2015
- Late Night with Catalysts: New program offers after-hours fun for the young at heart 4 August 2015
- AGU Abstract: Dynamic Hydraulic Conductivity, Streambed Sediment, and Biogeochemistry Following Stream Restoration 4 August 2015
- Perm/Trias-Grenze – schwerwiegende Auswirkungen auf die Ökosysteme durch Blüte des Lebens im Meer 4 August 2015