Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Standing on the San Andreas Fault 21 October 2014
- XXX Jornadas de la Sociedad Española de Paleontología 21 October 2014
- Meteorite Impact May Have Triggered Largest Pulse Of Deccan Basalt Eruptions 21 October 2014
- Volcanic Plumbing at Mid-Ocean Ridges Goes Far Deeper than Thought 21 October 2014
- Experimental Lakes Area Study Charts Estrogen’s Negative Effects On Freshwater Ecosystems 21 October 2014