Callan Bentley is an assistant professor of geology at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, Virginia. He is particularly interested in structural geology and the evolution of the Appalachian mountain belt. Callan draws cartoons and writes for EARTH magazine. He lives in the Fort Valley of Virginia.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
- Callan on Three ridges and three valleys
- Shelley on Fluvial geomorphology of Mather Gorge
- Callan on Fluvial geomorphology of Mather Gorge
- Mike Bromley on Fluvial geomorphology of Mather Gorge
- Callan on Stylolites in Helderberg crinoidal grainstones, Corridor H
- Lightning Bolts May have Jolted Life on Earth 18 December 2014
- Seismic Hazard for Ontario Nuclear Plants Triples 18 December 2014
- New computer system predicts malaria outbreaks in Ethiopia 17 December 2014
- Unmarked burial sites: where history and geophysics team up 17 December 2014
- New Nuclear Plants Back on the Table 17 December 2014