GeoSpace is a blog on Earth and space science, managed by AGU’s Public Information staff. The blog features posts by AGU writers and guest contributors on all sorts of relevant science topics, but with a focus on new research and geo and space sciences-related stories that are currently in the news.
Subscribe to GeoSpace
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Most Popular Posts
- A hectic weekend at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center (10)
- Population trends, not climate, causing increased flood fatalities in Africa (10)
- New York state’s hidden secret: A subterranean impact crater (9)
- Dangerous dependence on virtual water deepens (8)
- Thoughts after the Haiti earthquake: How can we use what we know to save lives? (7)
- Researchers investigate the lighter side of Earth’s inner core on
- Moon’s tidal stress likely responsible for causing deep moonquakes, new study confirms on
- New study details ocean’s role in fourth-largest mass extinction on
- 70-year record shows long-term trend in atmospheric river activity along U.S. West Coast on
- Open data: Creating a culture of transparency and reproducibility in science on