November 30, 2015
I’ve been extremely busy the past couple of years, and as a result I haven’t blogged as much as I would have liked. However, I’m itching to do some blogging catch-up, so I’ve made a list of some of things that I’d like to blog about over the next few months. I’ll see if I can tackle some posts over the next two weeks. Otherwise, I’m taking the week of December 14th off for a much needed “Staycation”. I’ll be busy with a few other things that week, but I hope to spend part of the week catching up on some blogging.
Without further ado, here’s my blogging to-do list:
- Annual “What to Buy a Geologist for Christmas” post – DONE: See here.
- Annual “Year of Travel” post
- Share some more pictures and information from the West Coast Fossil Park in Langebaan, South Africa
- Share some pictures showing the re-growth of vegetation following the Cape Peninsula fires back in March – DONE: See here.
- Share a few more pictures of tourist sites in the Sperrgebiet up in Namibia
- Share some more pictures and information on geology observed during two recent vacations: Mauritius (2014) and Australia (2015)
- Share a little information about some papers I’ve published on my Ph.D. research
- Review a few geologically-themed books I’ve read recently
In addition, I’ll continue with my “Monday Geology Picture” posts.
Stay tuned! I’ll edit the list above with links as I tackle the posts. I may also update my list as I think of more things I’d like to blog about.
If I manage to make it through this list, then perhaps I’ll try (for the second time!) reviving the “Geology Word of the Week”. We’ll see how it goes.