Evelyn is a geologist, writer, traveler, and aspiring polyglot. She has undergraduate degrees in Earth Science and Arabic Language & Literature from Dartmouth College and a PhD in Marine Geology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology / Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program. She currently works as an industry geologist.
Note that the views and opinions in this blog are those of Evelyn alone or of commenters. They do not represent Evelyn's employers, her educational institutions (past or present), nor the American Geophysical Union. Evelyn does not blog about her work in industry.
Subscribe to Georneys
The email subscription feature for this blog is temporarily unavailable while upgrades are underway.
If you have previously subscribed to this blog, you will automatically be enrolled to receive email updates from this blog when the upgrade is complete.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Ideas and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and commenters alone. They do not necessarily represent the views of the American Geophysical Union.
Other AGU Blogs
Most Popular Posts
- Accretionary Wedge #35: What's Your Favorite Geology Word? (39)
- Paleontologist Barbie (28)
- Special Interview: My Dad, a Nuclear Engineer, Talks with a Japanese Citizen in Nagoya, Japan (28)
- 4th Interview with My Dad, a Nuclear Engineer, about the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Disaster in Japan (28)
- Do You Know What's Interesting About Caves, Sheldon? Everything. (27)